Family Christian Academy is a school of excellence, based on the Word of God, serving Christian families in a safe, loving, and friendly environment promoting Faith, Character, and Academics.
FCA supports God’s calling on families to raise their children to love God, to love others, and to be academically prepared as an expression of Christ to their generation and generations to come.
Family Christian Academy is dedicated to helping parents reclaim responsibility for every aspect of their children’s upbringing, including their children’s education. Our program is based on over 20 years of research and experience and promotes creativity for parents as well as a love of learning for children.
Christian parents’ major goal in raising children has been stated in Deuteronomy, chapter 6 which says that parents should first have God’s word securely implanted in their own hearts and then they should, “…teach them diligently to your sons and shall talk of them when you sit in your house and when you walk by the way and when you lie down and when you rise up.”
Parents should attempt to be examples of Christ to their children in life and conduct, especially assuming the responsibility to provide for their childrens’ spiritual welfare. According to the Bible (Ephesians 6:4, Colossians 3:21; Psalm 78:3; Proverbs 1:8 & 6:20; etc.) it is the responsibility of parents to provide their children with an upbringing that prepares them for lives pleasing to God. It is the family—not the church or school—which is primarily responsible for preparing children for their futures. This includes both spiritual and academic preparation.
The very core of Christian nurture is this: The heart of the father must be turned to the heart of the child in order to bring the heart of the child to the heart of the Savior (See Malachi 4:5-6 & Luke 1:17). One of the key goals of the gospel is to reestablish God’s will for the family in a correct relationship between fathers and children. Through the teaching of repentance and the Lordship of Christ, fathers will become dedicated to their children in an attitude of righteousness.
We believe parent-directed education will:
- Control negative peer pressure, destructive influence, and various temptations.
- Give a child the ability and flexibility to explore their God-given interests.
- Develop a child’s self confidence and greatly enhance their cognitive skills.
- Give a child the opportunity to learn about life from the rule book given to us by our Creator—the Bible—which is the source of true wisdom.
- Give a child the opportunity to develop loving relationships with parents and siblings.
- It is the firm conviction of the FCA administration and its Board of Directors that parents will more than fulfill their educational obligations under this agreement providing they give attention to following the directives of Scripture which says:
Diligently teach them to your children, and talk of them when you sit in your house, and when you walk by the way, and when you lie down, and when you rise up (Deut. 6:7)
… the father is to make known Your truth to the children. (Is. 38:19)