In its commitment to providing quality resources to its members and the homeschooling public Family Christian Academy (FCA) has launched a new redesigned web forum with a brand new look, new topics and new ways for homeschoolers across the United States and Canada to interact, share ideas, network and voice their opinions.
The new forum has something to offer everyone and it invites comments from users through the daily polls and the message areas. Covering topics like curriculum, budgeting, support groups, scheduling, umbrella schools, politics and support services there are new topics being added almost daily.
FCA Marketplace is the newest addition to the forum; a used resource section which allows users to buy and sell used curriculum, manipulatives and other resources. Prior to posting used curriculum, be sure to read the FCA Marketplace rules below.
The Family Christian Academy web forum is the hottest new place for homeschooling parents to find information, share their experiences and make new friends. If you haven’t registered yet, what are you waiting for?
We don’t want to police the Marketplace BUT any posts that violate these rules will be removed from the forum immediately.
1. Please do not use this forum to promote items you are selling elsewhere such as Ebay, Etsy or other stores or online venues.
2. Always use the same screen name when posting items in the marketplace.
3. Remember to include your email address. All transactions are to be conducted by private email. Do not respond to ads on the board and do not invite people to respond to your ad on the board.
4. In the Marketplace we have a strict limit of 5 posts per day. If you go over five the monitor will remove all of your ads.
5. Do not post the same item more than once a day.
6. Please choose the closest appropriate category in which to post your item. For example do not post movies in the curriculum category unless they are specific to curriculum.
7. Do not post fundraisers and/or requests for donations.
8. All items must have a price listed in the ad. Please do not invite people to make offers or negotiate the price. If your items don’t sell today at this price, you can always list them at a later date (not later the same day) at a lower price. If you are offering a discount for purchasing more than one item, the exact amount of the discount must be specified in the ad.
9. All items offered for sale must be listed. Please do not invite people to email you for a list of items and/or prices.
10. No links, website addresses, or invitations to email you for links or website addresses are permitted in Marketplace ads.
11. Do not type your subject line in ALL CAPS or with a lot of !!!!!!!!!!! and ********* or other attention getting devices. If this is done the moderator will remove your items.
12. Please do not use the Marketplace as a bulletin board.
13. Please don’t post comments on other people’s ads.
14. The following items may not be bought, sold, traded, or given away on the Family Christian Academy Marketplace: Alcohol; tobacco; live animals; dead animals; furs; other animal parts; reproductions (copies) of printed or recorded materials; personal grooming products such as perfumes, soaps, face creams, cosmetics etc; cleaning supplies; medical supplies; chemicals; weapons and/or explosives; foods; dietary supplements; health supplements; drugs of any kind; real estate sales or rentals or vacation packages; coupons, gift certificates, tickets to events, store credits, or other negotiables; hazardous materials; and/or any item it is illegal to buy, sell, trade and/or possess in the United States or Canada.
16. Please do not post for someone else. Doing so will result in both parties permanently losing posting privileges
Note: Guests are not permitted to take action that deliberately alters or disguises your originating IP (gateway) info when posting on the boards. Doing so will result in permanently losing your posting privileges
NOTE: Before using this Marketplace, you must be a registered member of the forum if you are:
Family Christian Academy respects the privacy of guests and has zero tolerance for anyone harvesting email addresses posted on our site in order to send out spam in the form of unsolicited commercial email. If you harvest emails from our site and send spam to our guests, formal complaints will be filed with your ISP and any websites/companies involved. If you receive an unsolicited email from someone who you think got your email from our site, please let us know so we can investigate and take action.